Thursday, 17 April 2008

SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY 17/04/08

HEBREWS 10:10
By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ ONCE FOR ALL

CLICK ON "SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY" TO GO TO A SERMON REF THIS VERSE

2 comments:

free p said...

Academically good sound sermon, but just like the usual FPC sermons now, which reveals about 60 % what the minister is trying to say, while the other 40% is understood by the elders who are taught the deeper doctrines and politics of FPC in presbytery meetings.

I think, and its hard to guess what one is thinking, such is the state of FPC preaching now, he is trying to tell the congregation you do not need to be holy and watch for sinning every day which is dieing to self, just love God and be happy, but he hides it from congregation by hinting at it. Clever playing with words, any politician who has mastered guile would be pleased with the performance.

free p said...

I was thinking about this sermon last night, why did he use, 1)sanctification is will of God and complete, 2)Hebrews 10 doesn’t mean dieing to self, 3) sins are forgiven. The ministers have the average FP not well taught in scripture, unfortunately they can be misled. If there is open sin in that church, the average FP would condemn it, a sermon like this would appeal to them not to look too much at sin as we are sanctified in Christ, and sins are forgiven.

Listening to the prayer at the end, there seems to be a problem in this church. I was told by past FP elder that they put the Rev Greer in this church to sort it out.

We are back to the saying "FPC sermons can mean several things, but usually only one to the presbytery".